A woman’s butt is among the most seductive parts of her body. Denise Austin often says in her TV workouts, when she gets to a buttocks exercise, “Look fabulous in those jeans” and “That’s the last part of your body that leaves the room.” And the manufacturers of many types of pants— and most especially of jeans— have made them so that they outline the contour of the buttocks.
In general, the female carries more fat in her buttocks than the male does. But too much fat in that part of the body, as elsewhere, can make her look unattractive, even ugly— and it is bad for her health, too. This article will be about how to reduce butt. Some of them require exercise equipment; others can be done with just your own body.
One of the top ten butt reduction exercises is the squat.
- This exercise makes for a “lean quality” muscle in addition to reducing butt.
- It requires the use of a barbell, which you place just behind your neck, with the distance between your hands greater than your shoulder width and your feet pointing outward— again, slightly farther apart than your shoulder width.
- Bend your knees, keeping your back straight and looking straight ahead. Do not bounce when you reach the lowest point.
- A variety of this exercise is the wall squat, which is especially good for pregnant women; here, instead of using a barbell, you press your back against the wall.
- Inhale on the down motion and exhale on the up motion.
- This motion should be repeated ten to twelve times.
Two other exercises are called “kickbacks.” They are the “one- legged cable” and the “gluteus” kickbacks. The former is performed with the ankle in a cable and lying on your stomach, bending and straightening the leg; then switch and do the other leg. The latter needs no special equipment; you just get down on your hands and knees, with the legs perpendicular to the floor. Bring alternating legs up and towards the buttocks.
The hamstring curl is also especially good for women. It requires a leg curl machine, which you lie face down on, feet hooked onto the padded levers, and bring each leg forward and back.
But perhaps the best of all exercises to help reduce your butt is the one called the Brazil butt lift. Developed by Brazilian soccer player Leandro Carvalho, nicknamed the “Buttlifter,” this routine is featured on a DVD containing six workouts, each targeting one of the three buttocks muscles (maximus, medius, and minimus) that can be purchased at many sites.
Many of the top supermodels, including Alessandra Ambrosio, have purchased and used this workout— with astounding results!
And if you decide to get it, you will too— though it may be a week before they become visible.
If you like what you've read, pass it along…